please don’t delete this text
that’s just daft tbh
all of us are entering new parts of our lives now and we thought it would be really nice to celebrate on here by doing a little giveaway for all of u
- please be over 18 or have parental permission to enter this giveaway - tumblr’s rules, not ours
- it would be nice, but not necessary, for u to follow ania (earthleaf) and leaf (okmoonkid) if you like our blogs :~) (also if u wanna check out our instagrams @czuup and @leaf.deer that would be rlly nice too :^))
- you can reblog this as many times as you want / however likes do not count (but you can use them to bookmark!!)
- no giveaway blogs please, we will be checking
- we ship worldwide from hong kong - however some materials may not be allowed to be shipped to certain countries
- if you enter, please have your inbox open and be willing to let us know your address so we can ship these bad boys to you
- if you win, you will have 3 days to reply to our notice, but if you don’t then another winner will be randomly selected
- there will be 2 winners - a first place and a runner up. both will be chosen using a random generator
✿ first place will receive:
- a gem parcel, consisting of one small clear quartz point, two tumbled citrines, and one unpolished amethyst point
- either a set of tree-of-life earrings or a tree-of-life pendant
- two tealight / candle holders, handmade of teak wood
- choice of one flower tealight (in either peach, frangipani, or dok moke scents)
- choice of incense sticks (either lily or jasmine scented)
- choice of scented dried flower sachets (either lavender or magnolia scented)
- a small drawing by leaf and a mixtape based on your blog by ania
- a handwritten pressed flower card by the both of us :—)
the first place winner will have priority in choosing what scents and jewellery they would like, the remainder will be given to the runner-up
photos edited using the #EmojiWorld app, courtesy of ania’s phone
you can view examples of leaf’s artwork here
✿ the deadline is october 1st, 2014 at midnight GMT
❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾
The sad fact is that 41% of New York City babies are aborted.
The chilling fact is that 59.8% of black New York City babies are aborted.
Only FOUR out of TEN black children make it outside of the womb in New York City.
We must stop the industrialized killing of our unborn children. What legacy will you leave?
The sad fact is that each night, more than 21,000 children are homeless in NYC.
The number of people sleeping in shelters has grown 60 percent in the past decade.
Families make up 3/4ths of the homeless population.
53% of the homeless in shelters are black, 32% are Latino.
65.5 percent of high school seniors graduate in NYC.
There are currently 12,568 children in foster care in NYC.
In 2011, there were over 90,000 separate reports of abuse/neglect in NYC.
There are 131 children in secure detention. 112 in non-secure detention.
There are more than 108,000 children in NYC who have a parent that is incarcerated. More than 73 percent of women who are incarcerated have a child under the age of 18.
But go ahead and try to explain how you care about children. Just try to justify how you can ignore all of these children, for a fetus.
Forcing people to stay pregnant does nothing for children. Advocate for better sex education. Fight to help PoC who find themselves with unwanted pregnancies. Don’t ignore the fact that nearly 90 percent of pregnancies that end in abortion for PoC were unplanned, use this information to help them.
My legacy is one of respect, understanding, education, and compassion. You’ll catch on eventually.
That rebuttal is the best thing I’ve read all week.
22-year-old Fatu Kekula nursed her entire family through Ebola. Her father. Her mother. Her sister. Her cousin. Fatu took care of them all, single-handedly feeding them, cleaning them and giving them medications.And she did so with remarkable success. Three out of her four patients survived. That’s a 25% death rate — considerably better than the estimated Ebola death rate of 70%.Fatu stayed healthy, which is noteworthy considering that more than 300 health care workers have become infected with Ebola, and she didn’t even have personal protection equipment — those white space suits and goggles used in Ebola treatment units.Instead Fatu, who’s in her final year of nursing school, invented her own equipment. International aid workers heard about Fatu’s “trash bag method” and are now teaching it to other West Africans who can’t get into hospitals and don’t have protective gear of their own
DUDE. SHE MANAGED TO GET A FUCKING 75% SURVIVAL RATE OUT OF A DISEASE WITH A 70% DEATH RATE.
This is so what I am going to look like when I am older.
#and I just don’t feel entitled to someone else’s life’s work.
That comment exactly!! It’s not mine and I can survive without it, so I will.
This is why honey is not vegan.
The problem here is that honey, especially if you buy it ethically from an apiarist, isn’t actually detrimental to the well-being of the bee or the hive. In the wild, honey is used as a food stock, but in a domesticated honeybee colony, the bees are fed quite well, and so the honey is a surplus.
The alternatives, like sugar, relies on monocrops in third world countries, with transient labour. Growing up, there was a sugarcane field by my house, and I’m sure the Haitian men who worked backbreaking hours hacking a machete through knife-bladed leaves in 40 degree heat for a couple dollars a day would have traded a testicle to be a Canadian honeybee. Stevia’s going the same way, iirc.
Additionally, apiarists are actually huge proponents and activists for sustainable bee-keeping, and it’s estimated that the domesticated hive may be the last great hope for declining populations, because we can optimize their chances for survival.
It’s their life’s work, sure, but it’s not the death of them to use it responsibly.
literally read anything about the history of sugarcane and the cuban sugar industry if you think sugar is or ever has been more ethical than honey
Tessa’s first tattoo, based loosely on a sketch of hers. Thanks again!
California Electric Tattoo Parlour
My anaconda will consider it
My anaconda has, upon review of the information presented with it’s partners, decided that it, in fact, does not. My anaconda apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and thanks you for your time.
Re: Your Anaconda,
Thank you for your consideration. Please keep my cover letter and resume in your files in case of any future openings. Good luck in all future endeavors.
A bunless hun
I’m so ready for the month-long skeleton party